Translation from Slovene into Italian
Lecturer(s): izr. prof. dr. Mikolič Južnič Tamara
The course comprises the translation of various types of texts from Slovene into Italian. The aim of the course is to use in practice what the students have learned at BA level. The students actively participate to the translation process and to the solving of issues that arise in translation.
The course will focus on the development of all components of the translation competence,
therefore the crucial problems that arise in translation in general will be dealt with:
- consistent and accurate translation of all lexical components;
- translation of collocations and sylistic features;
- comparison of differences in syntax and word order;
- comparison of cohesive elements in both languages
- translation of ideologically sensitive contents;
- translation of metaphors and idioms;
- registers an degrees of formality;
- cultural differences between Slovenia and Italy.